Wednesday, January 9, 2013
"Mantecaditos" are the epitome of guilty pleasure when it comes to baked goods. They are so addictive! I usually start of with one trying to have self control but usually fail and end up coming for more! These delicious baked goods resemble a cookie in terms of its texture and they are very common in Puerto Rico.
Here I leave you with the recipe, let me know if you try the recipe!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening, cold
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Do not grease cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl softened butter and shortening. Add sugar little by little. Add almond extract and mix well.
3. Add all purpose flour and mix until blended. Do not over mix.
4. Take the mixture with a small spoon and create little balls using your hands.
5. Place them in the cookie sheet and press them lightly with your finger. Bake for about 20- 25 minutes or until golden.