Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

With Valentine's day around the corner I've posted one more chocolate recipe. These "Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies" from Nigella Lawson are as delicious done as they are as batter. The batter is really addictive, I couldn't stop eating the cookie batter... well, I stopped when I thought how I'd feel when I went for my jog... I remember watching Nigella on the style network and always being amazed at her creation. I definitely recommend this cookie recipe, it's a chocolate lovers dream. Enjoy!

Xo
Flor 













4 oz (ounce) dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids)
5 oz (ounce) plain flour
1 0z (ounce) cocoa powder (sieved)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (soda)
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz (ounce) butter (soft)
3 oz (ounce) light brown sugar
2 oz (ounce) white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg (cold from the fridge)
12 oz (ounce) dark chocolate chips (or semi sweet chocolate morsels)

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C (335 degrees F). Melt the 4 ounces of dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
2. Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
3.Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
4. Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
5. Scoop out 12 equal sized mounds ( I used a heart shaped cookie cutter) and place on a lined baking sheet about 6 cm apart. Do not flatten them.
6. Cook for 18 mins, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter (I used a toothpick).
7. Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 mins, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment