Friday, May 10, 2013

Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting


I'm convinced that some of the best pictures to look at are about baked goods. A couple of days ago I was looking at some of the people I follow on Instagram and saw the most delicious cupcakes I've ever seen (at least they looked that way) and immediately had this need of baking cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes aren't usually my go to, just because I prefer vanilla, but I was craving some chocolate deliciousness. I know that summer is just around the corner, and we're supposed to be watching our waistlines so I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese for the frosting, the consistency is a bit different, but in taste it's really great, and wherever  you can cut some calories without sacrificing taste is a win win for me. Hope you like the recipes!

Let me know!

Xo
Flor



Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/3 cups sifted flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
2 (1 ounce) melted squares unsweetened chocolate 
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Add shortening and milk, stir to blend, then beat slowly about 1 1/2 minutes with an electric mixer.
2. Add egg and vanilla, melted chocolate and vanilla and beat slowly 1 1/2 minutes. Bake 20- 25 minutes. 


Cream Cheese Frosting
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
12 ounces cream cheese, room temp * I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese
4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla

1. Beat butter & cream cheese with mixer on median-high speed until fluffily, about 2-3 mins. Reduce speed to low. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, then vanilla and mix until smooth.




6 comments:

  1. JUmmie@ shall we follow let me know xse
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they tasted amazing, the recipe gives a really moist cake!

      Xo
      Flor

      Delete
  3. Omg I'm sooo gonna try these ASAP!

    Please feel free to enter my Daniel Wellington giveaway (here) - you could win yourself a watch worth £200!x

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete