Thursday, June 6, 2013

Styling Shorts


Shorts are a huge summer necessity, they're perfect for staying cool and chic when the temperature starts to hit the highs. Dressing shorts can sometimes be tricky, because you don't wan't to look inappropriate and not taken seriously just because you're wearing shorts, but thankfully everyone has gotten in the bandwagon and shorts are a long way from seeming inappropriate. The best thing of shorts is that there are options ranging from super sporty, beachy types to more modern and crisp types. Living in Puerto Rico, I have had my fair share of shorts and have dressed them up and down many, many times before. Im sharing with you guys 3 looks, ranging from a more traditional to an edgier more modern style and one with more of an exotic vibe.





I matched these J. Crew shorts with a traditional button down blouse, I wanted to play with the genius prints of these shorts, so added a bright color on top. The essence of this look is rather traditional and has a slight touch of preppy, but the print of these shorts keeps it from being to cooky cutter. I see this look working for a day out, maybe running some errands and catching lunch with a friend, so I chose these Dolce Vita wedges because besides being comfortable, in this tone they elongate the leg, which is ideal when wearing shorts. 




I've been so attracted lately to anything that seems worldly or exotic and different that I really wanted to create a look with this in mind. Bright colors and prints are key when dressing with this in mind, so this look does carry a high dose of brights and prints. Hair accessories are a great thing to have during summer, because it spruces up you look without looking to over the top. For this look I was going for an easy going chic style, which would be perfect for wearing while vacationing. From all these pieces I consider the most summer essentials are the gladiator sandals in a bright color, the headband and these shorts that seem super comfortable and stylish. 



For this last look, I went for a completely modern and edgy side. I can see this for dinner at a hip restaurant or for a friends party, you could through a jacket over this and just add more of an edgier style. What really makes this look are the high waist shorts, the print and detailing are what give it a futuristic touch and I accessorized accordingly to add more of the edgy style. I hope you like these look and see it's easy to dress in shorts without looking like you were cleaning the house or your car, and that there are many ways to style them and look great!

Let me know what you think!

Xo
Flor



Clover Canyon Shorts
Tibi Silk Cami
Zara Sandals
3.1 Phillip Lim Bag
Charles Albert Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment