Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Coconut Cake




With Valentine's Day already in the past, I wanted to post a recipe that had nothing to do with chocolate... to help those that had an overdose of chocolate on V-Day. I tried this coconut cake at my grandmother's house not long ago and was completely obsessed with it from the get go. This cake is super moist and has a lot of texture. It's perfect for that dinner party where you want to impress your guest with your baking skills and exotic recipes, and the best part is that it's really easy to make. I hope you enjoy the recipe & photos! Bon Appetit!

Xo
Flor




Ingredients:
1/2 lb butter
2 cups sugar
6 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 box Nilla Wafers
1 can shredded coconut (remove syrup)*
1 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup walnuts

Directions:
1. Crush the vanilla wafers
2. Crush the walnuts into small pieces
3. Beat butter with sugar
4. Add the lightly beaten eggs to the mixture
5. Fold the rest of the ingredients- the last ingredient to be added should be the walnuts
6. Bake for 1 1/4 hours at 300 degrees F

Glaze:
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup confectioner sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoons milk (if needed)

Combine the 2 tablespoons of melted butter, vanilla and confectioner sugar; if the result is too thick add milk ( I suggest to add first 1 tablespoon and if still too thick add the second). 



2 comments:

  1. I saw you on LC forum so I came to see your blog, let me tell you that you´ve done a great job with it, please come visit and if you like it it would be great if we could follow each other there on LC, here on GFC or socials, what do you think? To support each other… let me know ok!
    Kisses
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love the idea of following each other... and your blog is amazing! I already followed you on GFC

      Xo
      Flor!

      Delete