Sunday, June 16, 2013

Doubling The Dress



Would you ever consider wearing a swimsuit coverup to a fancy dinner party or for a more casual summer get together? Well, let me tell you that you can use your coverup for other occasions during the year. If you happen to have one in a solid color you'll have more options, can you imagine wearing a fish theme dress to a fancy dinner? I can't either... so lets stick to solids. I chose to style this swanky black coverup two different ways, sophisticated and a more casual way by just switching shoes, accessories and hair. 

What makes this coverup double as a great dress is the draping effect created by tying it behind the neck. For the first look I went for a modern and really sophisticated touch, I kept all the jewelry gold tone and simple. I kept the hair loose and swept to the side, choose an Alexander McQueen clutch for the graphics and modern shape and sky high pumps to really finish the look. Red lips are always a great accessory, so I kept them on both looks.




I couldn't help but to think of a few ways to style the coverup, but ended choosing this casual look in addition to the one above. Tying the hair in a bun automatically gave the dress a more primordial role in the complete look and a more casual feel. I decided to pair the dress with platforms as to tackle any terrain, while still looking amazing. I changed up the jewelry and preferred big bracelets with wooden details to give the look a more daytime laid back effect, but I did keep the earrings simple with these gold hoops. The round bright yellow bag is really fun and different, completing the casual look, but showing that casual doesn't necessarily mean underdressed. I hope you start seeing coverups in a different way, and can incorporate them to different occasions during the year besides the beach! 

Let me know what you think & hope everyone had a great father's day!

Xo 
Flor


(First Look) Coverup: La Blanca, Jewelry: John Hardy, Shoes: Brian Atwood, Shades: Tom Ford, Bag: Alexander McQueen
(Second Look) Cover up: La Blanca, Shoes: Christian Sirriano, Shades: Tom Ford, Bag: Store from the airport in Venice

5 comments:

  1. I would wear one if it look as good as the one you are wearing!!! Well done;)

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It'll surely look great on you too!

      Xo
      Flor

      Delete
  2. Amazing dress!
    xoxo
    http://elenasofiastocco.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page


    ReplyDelete